View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:54 PM
COTEP Member

Default Added to my carry rotation today

Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 MS Tactical II 9mm. Adds to my Colt Lightweight Government .45 and Para Expert Commander .45.

Brought it home today so These are just my first impressions, I'll add a range report later if there is any interest.

Really covered in oil, they could have cut the price by $50 if they hadn't used so much oil, ok that's if for the bad.

Trigger pull is a beautiful crisp 4.5 lbs with no creep and no grittyness at all. This was actually a pleasant surprise, I won't need to work on the trigger at all.
Fit and finish is excellent, no problems there at all.
OK one one thing I'm not crazy about is the Bull barrel, but I expected to not like that to much. Thisis my first bull in a 1911. Does anyone have a better way to field strip this damn thing?
The VZ grips are a bit rougher than I like but I also expected that as I've never liked VZ grips but this won't be a range gun that gets shot a lot I'll leave them for now, they do look good on the gun.

All in all very happy with the purchase, hopefully will get to the range Monday morning.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flphotog For This Useful Post:
Jdl2 (05-17-2015), milkmanjoe (05-15-2015), Riverpigusmc (05-15-2015), sdmc530 (05-15-2015), TUFF-IRON (09-25-2015)