View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:35 PM
COTEP Member

Default The Inventory Project

Hi Folks! This is a thread I started in FCC, but maybe some of you can help me with identifying a few of the items.

In brief, my last surviving uncle passed away this past February at the age of 93. He left a lot of memories. He also left a lot of firearms of which my aunt (his widow) wants me to take ownership, here in Florida (they live in southern GA). I am already working with a fellow FCC'er (and COTEP'ian) to arrange the Interstate transfer of the revolvers as C & R items. I'll get back to all later with that status.

Two of the items have been difficult to identify. One appears to be a re-constructed Remington "Mark III" single shot "something." I'm told by someone on FCC that the Mark III is supposed to be a flare gun but that what I have has been reconstructed as a single shot pistol of unknown caliber.

The other item I can't identify is what appears to be a five shot .22 revolver, but it has no manufacturing or serial number that is visible. I can't open the cylinder to determine any engravings.

Any help to be able to identify either of these items would be greatly appreciated. The other hand guns are easily identifiable, including a S & W model 15 K frame 6-shot chrome revolver, and a Model 10 six shot long barrel black revolver, as well as an H & R Firearms Model 922 .22 six shot revolver.

Thanks much, all!
The Following User Says Thank You to FfNJGTFO For This Useful Post:
Caleb (06-02-2016)