View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

OOoo, Oooo! I've got 2 cents!

So here goes... I have an RCBS Rock Chucker and a Dillon RL550B and love them both. I retired my old Pacific Precision a few years back due to enough post wear to cause repeated decapping pin breakage. Oh yeah and a MEC 650 for shotgun 12GA.

The RCBS does the long stuff and high accuracy rounds. The 550 does all the handgun (9mm, 38/357, 45acp) and 556. Has it been flawless no, but dillon service ABSOLUTELY. I bought it used and had some issues with it. I called Dillon service and they talked through troubleshooting. I ended up needing a couple of small parts totaling maybe $20-$25 bucks. A shoe cup, spring arm pin little crap and yes the nasty little plastic primer boot. While troubleshooting I broke the primer catch cup. In my parts shipment was a new catch cup and 2 sets of primer boots and a complete tune up kit for free.
The tech said Dillon feels that they make the finest reloading systems on the market. That being said, they are mechanical devices. If your service and customer support doesn't match your product then what good are you. Something to think about.
I've been eyeing the 650 for a while now, I ran into these guys in Reno a few years back. Haven't been able to beat their prices yet.

http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-...ze:&pageTop:0&

To be honest I have heard good and bad about all of them, in the end ya gotta find what works for you.

COTEP 439