View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 12:07 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
So when buying a folding knife do any of you look at a utility knife different than a self defense knife? Would you use a knife chosen for self defense as a utility knife on a daily basis?
I use my ZT 350 knife to process food at work and although it looks like a hunk of Steel slicing little tomatoes, it's pretty effective at that. And of course it can be put to use in a defensive role in no time. I also carry a Victorinox Pioneer SAK with multi-tool purposes in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
Pedro, I guess it's an each there own thing with the Bowie. I've always liked long knives. I also see a Bowie like most consider a shotgun. The distinctive sound of racking a shotgun scares some people. The Bowie being pulled could do the same.
Absolutely right Andy, I never meant to disparage you for carrying your Bowie knife. I (ME) just simply don't understand the practice of doing so in an urban set up. And although I've heard to the contrary, I can't possibly imagine it's comfortable to have a 10-inch blade stuff down the side of your pants. I know it comes down to the sheath and I know Panther does a terrific job and this area.

That being said, I've seen your Covington's and Bagwell's and they are stunning, sharp as a scalpel, and truly masterpieces in their own right.