View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 06:18 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitor View Post
I use my ZT 350 knife to process food at work and although it looks like a hunk of Steel slicing little tomatoes, it's pretty effective at that. And of course it can be put to use in a defensive role in no time. I also carry a Victorinox Pioneer SAK with multi-tool purposes in mind.

Absolutely right Andy, I never meant to disparage you for carrying your Bowie knife. I (ME) just simply don't understand the practice of doing so in an urban set up. And although I've heard to the contrary, I can't possibly imagine it's comfortable to have a 10-inch blade stuff down the side of your pants. I know it comes down to the sheath and I know Panther does a terrific job and this area.

That being said, I've seen your Covington's and Bagwell's and they are stunning, sharp as a scalpel, and truly masterpieces in their own right.

I know, Pedro. I didn't take your comments as disparagement. Next time I'm up, I'll let you carry the Covington and show you the difference. The Commodore sheath allows the knife to float so it moves with your body. Once you learn the draw, you can have the knife deployed as fast as a gun (you saw Brownie draw the Bagwell).

I would agree with you. If you are going to carry a knife for self defense, get training. Using a knife for defense is much different than using a gun. It requires a different mindset.