View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:26 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
First STI is flawless guns so if you want one you better get one in 1911 anyway before they are gone. Second I have an officers but nothing as short as your looking but I have never heard of anyone complaining among the sti guys. You should be fine.

2011 versions are double stack and will run great but probably not a best option for carry but that is just my opinion. They are more designed for play and comp and not geared toward carry doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t. I would not hesitate to buy a sti if you want one.
Thanks sdmc530 and we got my son one of their 1911 Trojans for his college graduation. It’s a sweet shooter which has started my “Want” for one of these. However I know from holding the DVC line that the double stack is barely thicker by feel, and some YouTube videos confirm my grip-o-meter.

My concern now is that the safety isn’t as positive as it is on the 1911 models. Not sure if this is inherent in the 2011 models or if just with the one I held, however I am getting similar concerns voiced on another board. Of course those guys are saying get the Wilson EDC X9 for another grand. I can get a LOT of safety tuned for far less that that and ammo.

Lost While Camping:
Ruger SR1911
Springfield XD45 Service
Springfield XDs-45