View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 07:06 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thank you everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
So, just to clarify, his passing of the NCO board would make him eligible for any NCO positions (i.e. Corporal --> Sergeant). I would gather he'd need to be approved by the SNCO board to get any SNCO position (Staff Sgt. & Above).

Correct?
Nope. It's not like the Navy or AF. All he needs now is the leadership course and to have enough promotion points and it's a done deal. The only thing that could hold him back is either he never gets the chance at the leadership course, which is highly unlikely, he doesn't have enough promotion points when he finishes the leadership course and lastly he doesn't have enough TIS (Time In Service) remaining if he completes all 3 forementioned requirements.

The latter is what happened to me regarding my E-6. I had passed the board, went to BNCOC and had the points. At the time, the Army required that you have a minimum 18 months TIS in order to get pinned, I had about 6 months left. They said if I wanted my rocker, I had to extend. I politely told them what they could do with that rocker. Nevertheless, the Army screwed up and guess what, my DD214 says that I did in fact make E-6. Buwahahaha Shame on them.