View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 06:46 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
Go for it man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Interesting....... sorry can’t help you there. [emoji23] My 1000 yd rifle is a Beregara B14 HMR in 6.5cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I had a nice chat with one of the head honchos and designers at TAC-OPS. Apparently, due to the lack of materials (stocks, etc.), the "Bravo-51" is no longer in production. The "goto" model is now, either:

1) The "Delta 51" used by most LEAs, with a stock made of polycarbonite fiber. A lot lighter to carry, but a little harder to control the recoil (it would be chambered in .308 Lapua/Winchester). About $6000.00

2) The "XRAY-51" - A lot heavier stock, but easier recoil management. A little more expensive ($7000-8000).

If I didn't need to "move around" with it, the XRAY-51 would be a better choice (i.e. sitting or prone position with bipod, etc.). But I wonder if the Delta-51 would be a better choice, recoil not withstanding. I need to learn how to manage it anyway, and I can still get it configured with a bipod for prone or seated work.

I have a couple of months to think about it, as I'll need that much time to come up with the down payment on it.