View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Im not in but will help if you guys need it. In my opinion ARs are pretty straight forward. I think the biggest thing will be getting "adequate" tools for people to use. If you get all of the proper tools to build one you are looking at $100 to start off. Trust me buy the best out there I bough cheap then bought again. I have some various tools that I would be willing to lend out like a lower block and stock wrench. My uncle has the upper block and barrel wrench.

I think the hardest part will be streaming video somehow. But a good set of detailed directions would help. I think it would also be beneficial to show some helpful tips like using vice grips to push certain roll pins in to avoid marring your finish, watch out for flying detents, and make sure the disconnector spring is installed right to avoid full auto things like that.

You surely dont have to have the right tools, hell I put my first lower together with vice grips, a screw driver, claw hammer, razor blade, and cutting board but having the right tools sure does help.