View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM
COTEP Member

Lots has been written about in what condition to carry a 1911. Condition 1, cocked and locked, is by far the safest, and the way the weapon was designed.

I'm sure someone will point to a thread that rehashes this. It's an often asked question.

That said, I carry either a commander or officer sized pistol in 45 cal in an IWB holster, most often a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2. They are light, comfortable, and conceal extremely well. I hear very good things about the Versa Max, but don't have the patience to wait a year (possibly an exaggeration) to have one delivered.

Usually I find it reasonable to carry strong side at about 4 o'clock underneath something like a Woolrich CCW shirt untucked. It's reasonable in all but a more formal setting - jacket and tie, in which case, it's easy anyway.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ