View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
For reloading pistol, you don't need nearly as much paraphernalia as you do for rifle. For high volume loading, you will eventually want to get a progressive, but I have loaded hundreds of rounds at a time with just a regular single stage press.

I have loaded thousands of rounds of 45 ACP with just the following: (with current Midway Prices - I paid less when I bought them)

Lee Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set - $39.99
Lee Reloader Single Stage Press - $28.99
Lee Auto Prime - $18.49
Lee Improved Powder Measure Kit (dippers) - $9.79
Lee Universal Depriming and Decapping Die - $10.99

Total equipment cost: $108.25

Eventually you will want a powder measure, scales, better press, funnel, tumbler, etc.
This would be a very good set up to start with if anything your out $100 if its not for you. Be careful with the dippers tho I have used a set that you had to have a huge pile on top to equal what it was said to be. Bet bet to reference with someone who has a scale to be exactly sure what the charge is. Within midrange loads not going to matter just something to be aware of.

I forgot there's an upgrade to the scoops but not quite a full blown adjustable powder thrower. I don't know who makes it but it has a powder tube that holds your powder and has a slider that throws a set amount of powder depending on type. To adjust amount of powder thrown you buy another inserted slider/scoop. At work ill post a link when I get home. Its on my wish list. But again want to verify with scale to be accurate.

Found it http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=545386
Cotep #464

Just living life and appreciating every day

Last edited by CalWhit33; 07-07-2011 at 12:29 AM.