View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big gary View Post
I would also like to hear from guys with them.
Sounds like everyone wants to fix hammer bite, trigger job and magazine hammer block. Any info, quality on new ones. Never understood why somebody besides browning didn't make them, like DW, Kimber, and so on.
I have 2 FMs that I have done the mag block on . It is easy if you know how to take the pistol down . There are some videos on Utube on the procedure .
Also on how to disassemble the pistol . Not real difficult but you do need to do it right . If you are not confident in doing this then don't do it .
The mag drops clear now and does help with the trigger pull a bit . Less creep.
I personaly have never had any hammer bite on the one pistol that has a spur hammer . You can't limp wrest it or you could get bit . My wife has been bite .
Though both of mine are good shooters I do not ike the sights but have not change them out .
I think the prices of the orig. Hi-Powers are way of line but I would gladly pay it for the Browning if I could afford it . I love them .They are the most comfortable pistol I have ever held .
RIA 1911 .45 - 2 FM 9s M90 & M95- DPMS AR 15 Lower with PSA Upper SS 16 " - Rossi " Gallery " Remi 34 - Cimarron " El Malo 357 SA & assorted others - Leather worker - "Sorcerer Leather Works - Knife maker "B.A.D. BLADES

Desperta Ferro