View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 06:47 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
First off... thanks for the compliment on the Kershaw. It is one of my favorites. To answer the question tho... I carry a zero tolerance 350, which uses the same Kershaw single finger opening system. Love the knife. it IS a bit heavier than my Kershaw, but I really do like the single flick opening. I actually like it better than a switchblade, since it's not really mechanical. Less to break. The most fun is when some liberal says "does anyone have a knife" and two seconds later I've got an open ZT in front of them saying "what do you need this for?".... The look on their face is "pricesless".

Michael
This, I carry the ZT 350 I won here, best defensive folder I currently own. I like the Kershaw Blur but I feel it needs a better finger choil so hand doesn't slip over edge.

But seriously, how many here are trained to use blades defensively? And if you did use it defensively how is that going to look to a prosecutor? Knife wounds (slashes and puncture wounds) are normally associated with criminal elements. If you can stab someone like that, especially with a 10 inch Bowie (really?) then you ought to shoot the bastard.

A good solid kubaton fits my need better, you can easily crack a sternum and kill if thrusted into neck areas or the temple. Also consider I work at a school so carrying a fixed blade for defensive use is a no-go. But my zero tolerance is stout when deployed to the point I don't feel feel under knifed if I have to put it into action.