View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 08:39 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
Depending on its bolt pattern you may consider mounting/bolting your vise to a length of 2"x6", you'll exert a fair amount of torque/leverage tightening the barrel nut.

You're moving right along now, C aleb walked me through 2 builds and there were NO issues during or after the builds. On his recommendation I built a .223 Wylde and it's my favorite by far.

Well, right now, I'm just acquiring parts/tools. How they're put together is a whole 'nother story. And, although I have some good YT resources on how to assemble everything, I still have a few questions.

For example:

1) Gas Key on BCG: I gather that when the BCG is "in battery" with a round loaded, the gas key has to fit properly over the end of the gas tube, correct? If so, I'll need to ensure they're aligned properly.TBH, I'm amazed that it could stay "aligned" in that regard, especially in a "full auto" scenario.

Barrel, buffer tube and LPK arrived today. All look good. I'll be picking up the lowers and other items from the FFL tomorrow. Then I'll make sure I have sources for the other parts and tools so I can go to work in mid Oct, once all parts are ordered.