Thread: Medfors Proxima
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 09:15 PM
COTEP Member

Default Medford Proxima

I bought the subject folder about a month ago, when we were over/up at Mount Dora. While there, I usually make a habit of visiting the A.W. Peterson Gun Shop.

I first found the place in the early ‘80’s, back when I was building and competing with flintlock muzzle loaders. Back then, there was a part of the store that was called The Swampfire Shop; complete with a big log round for hawk throwing, and a few hounddogs you had to wade through to get in the door. The older gentleman there was most gracious, and quite knowledgable. His name was Leighton Baker, and I was amazed years later when I received an “Encyclopedia of the World's Firearms” from my mother for Christmas, and found that the book was dedicated to him!

Anyway, while visiting there recently, I noticed a small display case containing several knives. I asked to see one, and found it to be the most “substantial” folder that I’d ever seen.
So, after hearing about the knife and the company that made it; Medford Knife and Tool, I made the guy a cash offer, which he accepted.

I’m now the owner of the most overbuilt folder that I’ve run across so far, and it’s proven itself quite handy on numerous occasions. So without further adieu:

DAMN, I FORGOT I CAN’T EASILY POST PICS ON HERE (AT ALL)!

Sorry about that, y’all.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 01-02-2022 at 03:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick McC. For This Useful Post:
Riverpigusmc (12-29-2021), sdmc530 (12-29-2021)