View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve CT View Post
Connecticut's first Gun Control attempt looks like it will include:

-Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;
-Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon) which will make it an Assault Weapon and not legal in CT
-Require the registration with state law enforcement officials—and the biennial registration renewal—of all firearms by model and serial number;
-Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;
-Require a permit to purchase ammunition;
-Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;
-Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;
- Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18.

This legislation is written and ready to submit when the new Legislative session opens
I'm glad I don't live there. Here in Oklahoma, we're trying to require armed presence in our schools similar to what Texas does now. Heck, we now have open carry if one is inclined to do that.
In other words instead of taking away rights we're giving out more. It's not perfect but it's for sure not kalifornica, Chicago, Bloomberg NY, DC, or it seems possibly CT.....??.