View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 08:43 PM
COTEP Member

Update: Well, I had my safety briefing class at the JTAC ranch range, today. They had us shoot both a rifle and a pistol, 5 rounds each. For the pistol, I used my EDC (P365) which I hadn't actually shot yet. Works fine! They had us start from "unloaded." They had us load a full mag into the pistol and cock and make ready. Then, they had us unload and show clear, without firing. THen they had a reload the full mag a second time and "make ready." Then they let everyone fire 5 rounds, then unload and clear.

For the rifle, we had to do the same procedure. Most used their ARs, but I brought my RPR. Since it's "bolt action," the mgr. said we shouldn't load ammo (to conserve it as it's expensive), but just "show the motions..." which I did. They said I could actually fire it on the range after we finished. But the member sign ups took too long (everyone had to go into the office individually and sign up on their computer). After I signed up (for the "precision" membership) I ran out of time. I will go back one day to test fire it, as well as my built AR and the other of my Inventory.

All in all, a good day. I'll be back in mid-August for the "Long Range 101" rifle course. But I might come back earlier to do the test firings, etc. We'll see.