View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:33 PM
COTEP Member

Spike's Tactical AR Range report

The rifle performed flawlessly, not a single hiccup. It was already "broken in" by the previous owner who, from what I'm told, put 50 rounds through it max. The red dot was already zeroed in, but I think it can be dialed in just a bit more. I also need to zero in the mbus sights so that the cowitness is perfect.

Hitting a torso metal plate standing off-hand at 50 yards was a piece of cake. Hitting an 18" gong at 175 yards was a non-issue as well. We switched the gong to an 8" one and that took stabilizing/resting the rifle but still hitting it. Hitting the same torso at 200 yds proved a bit more difficult since the red dot does not provide any magnification and at that distance the dot fully covered the target. Hence why I think I still need to dial in the dot a tiny bit more but the rifle performed flawlessly nonetheless.

No pictures or video I'm sorry. Plus all the targets were the steel kind so no holes to talk about, just ding all day long!

I'm extremely pleased with my Spike's Tactical AR. Amazingly lightweight and incredibly accurate. Also, it was fun to clean my first AR ever last night. I ended up ordering through Amazon a bcg scraper tool and Slip2000 carbon killer, from the reviews seems to be an amazing carbon remover. I also included an AR chamber brush as I don't have that as well.

Overall an excellent rifle that I got for a very good price. Now, gotta get some serious training with it. Standby (Will Farrugia at Okeechobee Shooting Sports) seems to have an amazing rifle course put together. Soon enough...

Last edited by pitor; 07-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.