View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
I'm a bit bemused, humbled and .... uncomfortable.... when someone says these two phrases:

"Thank you for your service".... Today, its not about my service. Its about those who gave their all for THEIR service. I'm not worthy of praise today.

The second is:
"Happy Memorial Day". I'm sorry, there is nothing really "happy" about it. Take a few minutes to remember those who have fallen protecting our way of life. But I'll never say something back.

For most Americans, male OR female.... alive today, have never served, nor do they understand the meaning of Decoration Day..... aka Memorial Day. For most, its a long weekend and a party. They can rest easy in their beds because strong men stand at the gates ready to do harm to those who would hurt them.

May God give peace to the families of those who have been lost to battle.
Amen

Da
This^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE2 View Post
Well, then, as I sit here safe;free to do what I what on this day: thank you to those who gave their life to secure our country and our freedom.

For those of you who made it back alive: glad your back!!!!
And this!^^^

Today I salute all service members, especially those go gave it all for our beautiful way of life, our precious freedoms. America is a beacon of liberty and freedom and there's no country in the world that doesn't aspire to be like us.

Thank you all who served, continue to serve, and especially those who are not around to receive this most important tribute