View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 11:22 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Excellent RR! Sounds like your instructor knows what he is talking about. Just remember to practice the fundamentals and then later the accuracy will follow. I ditched the bipods and now only shoot from bags. I find them to be more stable for me, ymmv. I believe they make brass deflectors for left handed shooters but, I’m not 100% on that. While you are learning, I would shoot low brass till you get your fundamentals dialed in. The groups will be bigger but that’s ok. That’ll save you some money. You might have to readjust your scope fit bench shooting as I’m the eye relief will be a tad different than prone.

As far as the AR….. you can try a lighter buffer and spring and see if that fixes your cycling problems. I doubt alignment of the bcg is your issue, they usually line up pretty well with the gas tube. What loads where you shooting out of it? Maybe try a “hotter” load and see what happens. Whatever you do, change only one thing at a time so you know what did the trick.

Glad your class went well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was using XM855 Green Tip (62gr) as I had, always. Right now, there's a Jam I have to examine forensically. And we'll see what caused it. I'll have to split the upper and lower and remove the bcg that way to clear it, so I will analyze.

Thanks. I'll keep y'all posted.