View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I have no direct experience with this situation my wife had lasiks to correct a 20/400 issue nearly 20 years ago. Since then the march of time has taken it toll as would be expected. My mom deals with PC cataracts (floaters) and has done several rounds of zapping to clear them up.
So the 1st question is what type of cataracts do you have? Depending on the type will depend on the surgery you will be faced with.

Types of Cataracts

•Nuclear cataracts form in the middle of the lens and cause the nucleus, or the center, to become yellow or brown.
•Cortical cataracts are wedge-shaped and form around the edges of the nucleus.
•Posterior capsular cataracts form faster than the other two types and affect the back of the lens.

The first 2 conditions may require lens replacement. If the lens is effected on the front surface lasiks may help. If it's forming from the back of the lens... bummer.
Posterior capsular can sometimes be ZAPPED by laser and then lasik to adjust your vision.
If your eyes are close to the same then I would suggest staying stereo and work on near / far together. Mono differentiation can take some getting use to.

COTEP 439