View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:43 PM
COTEP Member

Default 1st Wilson. Oldie but a goodie

One of the first 1000 guns Wilson ever made with their own frames. Till these Wilson used Colt or SA frames (or so I've been told). From their rep 'it was their first effort toward a complet package gun'. Made in 97 and still new unfired. Yep you read that right almost 20yrs old and still spanking new.
I stumbled on it on Gunbroker. Watched it come and go with no bids twice. Each time the seller lowered the buy nice price. I sent him an email after it closed last time and we made a deal both are very happy with. What really attracted me to this one was its condition as well as the test target only showing three people being involved in its build. Looking at the new ones these days there are like 8-10 names checked off who were involved. Mine is less of an assembly line gun as they are now.

I took it apart last night and was suprised to see all the internal parts in the slide are serialized same as the gun. I wonder how many if any parts inside frame are numbered as well?

The gun is really nice. I'm so itching to shoot it but feel like I'd be tossing out the window the original owners efforts keeping it new. I haven't been this happy with a deal in a long time.

As the slide came off. Man I bought it from was the original owner. He said it came with that Shok-Buff on it. Notice numbers on slide.

Slide stop

Firing pin cover plate

Extractor

Original checklist

And original test target showing the builders names. Supposedly Kelly is still there and a master pistol smith.

Do their new guns have each part individually numbered to each gun?
I also got the original sales receipt and order form specifying no ambi-safety and no front checker. It also came with a Wilson owners manual which is actually like an 80 page detailed disassembly maintenance guide all in color and with numerous pics. Very well done.
Believe it or not the sights still have a dull glow to them. But I think it may send the slide to them to have some new ones put on.
COTEP#782
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7.62Kolectr For This Useful Post:
Riverpigusmc (02-23-2016), skosh69 (02-23-2016)