View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Just a little story:
When I was 8, a neighbor friend and I had decided to join the Marines together when we "grew up," being that his dad was a Marine, and we both thought that was just the coolest thing. He was a couple years behind me, so I was going to wait after high school for him to finish.
Cut to 12 years later, and I got hurt playing in a football game (hit twice in the gonads HARD) and ended up getting a biopsy done. Turns out it was cancer, and my friend joined without me. After a few years of recovery and testing, etc, the Gulf War was getting started, and even though I was not in the same shape I was in before, I tried to enlist in the Army. I was turned down because I had gained too much weight during those years. I was disappointed, but totally understood.
So even though I never got to serve, I've always had a place in my heart for those who did, and currently do. So I just became a mechanic, worked on cars, and shot my guns, bored to tears most of the time. Maybe that's why I'm constantly searching for something I don't have already. Seems I have this hole I can't fill.
Certified in Pistol, Metallic Cartridge Reloading, Shotgun Shell Reloading
Utah CCW holder
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Aim Small, Miss Small.