Thread: What is COTEP
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Default What COTEP is to me.

I was fortunate enough to have invite me into the COTEP family in the other forum. I started hanging around the Dan Wesson sub forum after buying my first CBOB. The Congregation of the Enlightened Pistolero was created for those who knew that Dan Wesson's were a great value and of higher quality than many "higher quality" brands.

I have come to see that 's enlightened pistoleros has grown to be much more than just a common love of Dan Wessons to a real brotherhood. I feel we have morphed into something much more. COTEP has become, a brotherhood of friends in the cyber world. This a new phenomenon of the internet, that a group of people can be brought together from Maine to California that pray, help and care for each others that they have never met face to face. I take my relationship with the other members here as a blessing.

This group of men and women who share a common interest in 1911's and other firearms, politics, humor, each other, etc. is truly remarkable. A great brain trust, to say the least. We joke around and give each other a hard time but not with malice. Someone that dropped in on the chat room might never figure out what is going on. But we get it.

I think I would be remiss if I didn't mention our "Fearless Leader", who's generosity and spirit has brought and keeps us all together. I thank Alex for providing the means for us to do our thing.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414