View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Heck this is an easy one. OK... I reload. Do NOT purchase reloading equipment thinking you will save money. You will just shoot more. "No brag, just fact"... (Think "Guns of Will Sonnet" circa 1974. Here are the facts. A Box of 45 acp fmj hardball is running around 22 dollars. I can produce 50 round of 45 for about 11 dollars. I now shoot twice as much. go figger.

All this said, IF you want to reload, then by all means do so... Just understand that its not a cost savings hobby. You'll become a much better shooter, shoot more, and never worry about "can I get my ammo"...

Just sayin'

Da
It's a valid point of view but I don't think it's linear as you propose. It is possible to reduce the cost of an established training regimen by loading over the long haul. I do agree that if you are a casual shooter and can reduce the cost per round,you will increase volume to match budget.

I think a more important aspect is ammuniton to match you and your weapon. Secondly and for me should probably be number 1, is the ability to tailor ammunition by mission and produce enough ammunition to really practice with the 'for record' rounds.
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"