Thread: 45 Super
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 11:16 AM
COTEP Member

I've had 2 45 Supers and Both had full ramped bull barrels in them Unless Your a reloader or want to go through Finding and spending a $hitload of extra $$$ on ammo I think you'll find it,s not for the average Gun owner If your looking for a novelty Pistol to shoot now and again or are planning on shooting in the Few leagues that are still around Great but for the average person Theses Pistols
aren't real conducive to own and use They are alot of Fun --But finding Ammo can be a real pain and Real expensive more so than a 38 Super I have been reloading for over 30 years and did so for the 45 Supers and just couldn't find a niche in my world making it worthy of owning one Much less 2 of them
If you are serious about getting/building one give the Fine folks at Clark Custom a call I believe they will hook you up
These guns were Real popular in the 70,s and 80,s and Clark (Jim) built me 2 of them starting out with Milspec Colts I had
I switched over to the 38 Super back in the early 80,s and never looked back Still need to handload for the 38 to make it cost effective but IMHO a lot more fun than the 45 was
Have fun
DOGG!!!
Survivors
Will be Shot Again!!!

Last edited by reddoggm; 05-16-2015 at 11:19 AM.