View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar grips. View Post
the other day I got to shoot my new Ruger Bisley a little more. I had tested some loads at 50 yards and really wasn't happy with my groups but before I called it quits I wanted to see what I could do at 100 yards.

the load I was shooting was a 350 grain RNFP Gas check over 18 grains of Lil Gun in starline 45 Colt Brass. I don't have a Chronograph but I should be somewhere around 1200FPS. it's quite a thumper. this load shot around 4" high at 50 yards so I figured i'd be pretty close to on at 100. it turned out to be dead on.

my first group put four out of five rounds on the paper plate with the fifth round going high and to the left. all five rounds measured 12 1/2" with the four on the plate measuring 6 1/2".

I really wanted all five shots on the plate so I tried once more and was able to do so. this group measured 8"

all in all I was pretty happy with that. hopefully with more time and practice i'll be able to shrink those groups down a little.

Hell, very nice shooting. I doubt that I could see the paper plates at 100 yards. Nice pistol.
NRA Member
:stand: