Thread: Any Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 04:02 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Any Thoughts?

So I don't know how of you are aware of what the Demoholes are up to. On January 4th a House Resolution was introduced HR 127. It is an outright attack on your 2nd amendment rights in oh so many ways. It was introduced by the Rep from Texas, she is the one that cosponsored and is pushing the removal of the Castle doctrine in the state legislature. You can read it here:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr127/text

So I wrote Rep. for what good it will do ( he's a Demohole to the core) but I voiced my opinion...

Rep. Kilmer,
I am writing you today as I became aware of HR 127 a bill that I find to be one of the most egregious violations of my constitutional rights ever written. I say this this because the very text is aimed at me and other law abiding citizens for express purpose of identifying me / my family as gun owners, registering me and restricting what I can lawfully own whether or not I have committed a crime. I am 65 years old I have carried for self-defense since I was 18. I have been in the service of this country in the Navy and the DoD since I was 19. I find it very disconcerting that the moment the Democratic Party acquires a majority in the government law making process that they would attack my rights and wellbeing. How can I say this you ask?
1. I will be required to apply for a federal license (at what cost?) to possess a firearm and or ammunition. After applying I will be required to submit to another background check, this one under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act which has nothing to do with lawful possession or ownership, along with caveat of added state regulation.
2. I will be required to undergo a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm. Under what guidelines or who’s agenda? Who will be paying for said psychological evaluation? As with the implied public gun registry will the results of the psychological evaluation be public record?
3. I will be required to successfully complete a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and that demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
I find this bill nothing more than an attempt to criminalize the law abiding citizen while giving the federal government the ability to pursue the privacy of its citizens and unfairly tax the exercising of one’s constitutional rights. As one with prior military service I already know that the PTSD card will be played even though I have served and supported DoD security and local law enforcement for the last 45 years.

Any thoughts...

COTEP 439
The Following User Says Thank You to Horse'nround For This Useful Post:
RKP (02-22-2021)