Thread: Mono madness
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts
Default Update 6/6

After a few emails and phone calls, I finally got to talk with Les today. While a pleasant man to talk with, he was steadfast about not being able to do anything about the gap.

He offered for me to send it back and he'd look at it.

I then called CJ to see about the best way to ship it or if shipping would be covered. He suggested that to save time and money, why not call Les back and find out for sure what he'd (Les) be willing to do, no sense wasting time and money for nothing.

I call back and Les is busy but a lady named Kate talks with me. She assures me that nothing is wrong with my pistol, that the imperfection that I see is just a result of hand fitting by human hands. After back and forth conversation, I'm basically told to pound sand and that there's nothing at all that can be done! I ask what about replacement? That garnered a chuckle, said that there is no way a replacement is going to happen.

She did manage to talk to me long enough to make me feel better about the pistol and somehow convinced me to shoot the pistol and just enjoy it.

I hung up with a good feeling.

Then that voice came back saying..."what about the 100% customer satisfaction guarantee"? Arghh.....

So, now I have a couple choices:

1) Send this back to Baer, have them strip the serrations off the slide, re-blend the slide to frame and refinish. That is not an unreasonable request I think.

2) Sell it to fund another Mono build. I would buy a bone stock Mono and send it to Rob at Alchemy Customs to to all that I want like this one was supposed to have been.

3) Send this one to Rob and have him fix it.

Decisions, decisions.