View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:24 PM
COTEP Member

Default How does Made in the USA affect your firearms purchases?

Most members of these type of forums tend to want to promote American jobs and businesses. However when it comes to firearms I see Croatia, Austria, France, Spain, Germany, Communist Bloc, Brazil, South America and a whole host of other countries on our hips. Like all things made today sometimes there is a mix of countries making parts, assembly, and distribution so it really is not so clear cut. Then you also have brands located and manufacturing in the US but the parent company is foreign so US dollars are flowing overseas but jobs are here. I also know that at the end of the day, quality and reliability are a universal language and whatever we feel comfortable carrying is what you will carry no matter where it came from. So i am just curious how Made in the USA effect your firearms Most members of these type of forums tend to want to promote American jobs and businesses. However when it comes to firearms I see Croatia, Austria, France, Spain, Germany, Communist Bloc, Brazil, South America and a whole host of other countries on our hips. Like all things made today sometimes there is a mix of countries making parts, assembly, and distribution so it really is not so clear cut. Then you also have brands located and manufacturing in the US but the parent company is foreign so US dollars are flowing overseas but jobs are here. I also know that at the end of the day, quality and reliability are a universal language and whatever we feel comfortable carrying is what you will carry no matter where it came from. So i am just curious how Made in the USA effect your firearms purchases?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gatorade For This Useful Post:
Caleb (01-24-2015), dw1911 (01-24-2015), milkmanjoe (01-25-2015), TLE2 (01-24-2015)