View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Regardless of what the NRA says..... I still maintain my own opinion.

We can expect a bill that will return us to the days of "the ban," but this time, there will be no sunset provision. The gun takers learned their lesson on this the hard way the first time. In addition to the 1994 like bill (which by the way... .CONNECTICUT still has in force. They never sunsetted it!), we'll also see a ban on removable, external magazines, and mags with hi capacity. We'll be told... "you just don't need that." California is already trying to work around the "Bullet button" that requires you to use a tool or a bullet tip to remove your AR magazine, but I think that will be the national compromise. So... what you get is this:

You'll keep your semi autos, plastic or steel, but with a 10 shot limit. Most 1911's will be fine. We've been surviving on 7 for a very long time.

Any rifle with an external magazine, AND more than one of the five "evil features" will be banned. The 5 evil features are: Bayonet lug, pistol grip, collapsible stock, flash hider, external mag.

Any rifle with an external magazine will be required to have a Bullet button. ( I think that will be the compromise). The bullet button can be replaced rather easily, but I'll bet it will be permanent on new lowers.

Rifles with a magazine that loads from inside the pistol grip (Beretta Storm, Hi Point, etc) will be allowed, but limited to 10 rounds, and nothing will be able to extend past the pistol grip.

Nothwithstanding the NRA, this is what I think we are looking at happening on the national level. No, we will NOT lose our right to carry, but we can expect our right to choose will be whittled away slowly. The above will happen first, then..... "featureless rifles" will become the norm, then.... no semi auto, then no magazines.

Not being the type to call this conspiratorial... I'm just seeing this as a logical way for the left to ban guns eventually.

Your comments are more than welcome!

Da
If this is the case, there will be millions more felons in America. Only thing that I see happening is the mag capacity limit. I think that everyone relizes what a joke the first AWB was and how much this one will be too if it happens.