View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 AM
COTEP Member

Exclamation My CBOB is not playing nice

Purchased a DW CBOB earlier this week from a private party who'd bought it as part of a collection. Shell Casing Collected: 06/05/08.

For myself, this is my 4th 1911, the other 3 are 2 STI's (45 and 9MM) and a Para Ord SSP (45).

Have had two range days with over 240 rounds and have experienced a problem with hammer follow. Visual examination did not reveal any glaring parts wear. Did a thorough cleaning of the disconnector area as it was sticking down, but would move with a touch of the trigger. Movement was restored so I went out for the 2nd range day to continue testing.

Problem reoccurred today after about 60 rounds.

We're going to replace the disconnector/sear/mainspring.

A contributing problem is that this particular gun has passed thru 2 hands, that we know of, so much of the history is lost or just "not sure". When this CBOB is funtioning correctly (as it was immediately after the cleaning) it is a tack driver. So, this minor hiccup won't stop me from having another fine pistol.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good source for parts? Someone at the range today mentioned EGW. I have a good friend who's been helping me along with the problem resolution who'll also "teach" me how to be "more smarter" about 1911's and suggested I ask here for sources for the correct parts.

NRA Member
VietNam Vet. Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 MSgt, U.S. Air Force (TTK, IBBA, SACmasized, Plank Owner USSPACECOM).

CBOB 0650
Dan Wesson CBOB 08 build.