Thread: Summer carry
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I carried a P11 for over a decade. Slipped on to my waist with the factory clip. Very reliable but a real PAIN to shoot. I hated the overly long for me trigger reach and the terrible pull. Yes it was fluffed and buffed but it still was not an enjoyable piece.

It always bothered me that I didn't feel I shot it enough to really feel uber comfortable with. I mean I shoot my carry 45s all the time and they feel like a second skin. So the P11 ultimately became my youngest sons. His hands are bigger and he doesn't seem to find the objections I did.

A friend tipped me off to a sale on the original Sig Nitron P238s. No night sites but on a pocket pea shooter I didn't think them necessary anyhow. Add a first responder discount and free shipping and I became a P238 owner. The price was simply way too low to ignore. Now I did have an AMT 380 Backup II which, like the P11, was reliable, but it too was no fun to shoot. It also required a change in my grip to operate the thumb safety which slowed things way down relegating the piece to a 3rd tier hideout only pistol. It ended up being traded in on a HD pump 12 gauge

Well the long and short of it is that the P238 is a joy to shoot. Easy to carry and quick to deploy. Accurate to boot for a pocket pistola. Stoked with 100 grain +P hardcast from Buffalo Bore or 95gr FMJ Flat Nose Winchester Q4206 ammunition, I'm comfortable with the gun as an effective tool.

Eschew Tupperware!

Last edited by bald1; 04-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.