Thread: My arrogance
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 02:14 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Marine Arrogance

A Marine Sergeant wrote this in response to an army guy who posted a comment on a Marine Corps site that he was sick and tired of "Marine Arrogance."

The Sergeant said...

"I think that's what makes Marines special, if only in our own minds, is that elusive Quality of Esprit de Corps. It's the fact that we, as individual Marines, don't feel that we are individual Marines.
Precisely. The USMC places a primary emphasis on "the team" and "teamwork." And they say so from the moment you set foot on the "yellow footprints."

From the "Yellow Footprint" Speech -
Quote:

YOU ARE NOW ABOARD THE MARINE CORPS RECRUIT DEPOT, <insert location>, AND YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN THE FIRST STEP ON BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LEADING FIGHTING FORCE, THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.

The Marine Corps' success depends upon teamwork. Therefore, Teamwork will be an essential part of your training here at <Insert MCRD Facility>. From now on, you will train as a team. You will eat, sleep, live, and train as a team. The word "I" is no longer a part of your vocabulary.

DO WE UNDERSTAND???
I think the Marines have learned that teamwork is a whole lot more functionally effective in battle than a group of individuals thinking separately.