View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 12:16 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I actually started looking for a short 1911 in 9mm for the boss to carry (she's no a fan of my 938... My BIL came across a Kimber CDP ultra at a competition a while back, a friend of his was having to pair down a little. So he shot a practice round with it and was surprised at how well it ran. When they broke it down for cleaning he was shocked to find there was no Schwartz in it. He thought it was an older model but his friend said he had purchased new from his LGS a year ago. Well he liked enough to take it home, where my sister got a hold of it. Long story short, he doesn't get to see the little CDP no more. This peaked my interest so I contacted Kimber and spoke with the custom shop, and by golly they are making the series 70 straight CDP in 9mm again, in all 3 sizes. Bad news is... only through the custom shop. I asked how and where to get one, he said get on the list at the custom shop, and wait... the wait 9 - 12 months. That was last year, with that and $1200 bucks, I didn't get on the list... I'm beginning to think that might have been a mistake.

COTEP 439