Thread: I Would
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
COTEP Member

Default Some Trigger Work

Hey there,

I actually just did some trigger pull work on one of these yesterday for a friend... I did own one but needed to sell it when I needed $$ so the one in the picture is not mine.

When he dropped it off he wanted a lighter trigger and for me to disable the "won't fire without a mag" thing. So I disabled that from the MSH, lightened the trigger from 5.something#'s to 4.5ish#'s but he wanted it lower so I disabled the "firing pin block / series 80-ish" stuff... So now it's remaining safety would be the grip safety and the thumb safety.

I will say this, to me... the GSG/Sig 1911-22's that I have worked on have all had good quality sears/disconnectors/hammers being a recipe for success. The triggers are fairly crisp from the factory but I can't ever leave well enough alone

I took it shooting yesterday to test everything out in live fire and it really shot well. Sorry there were no external mods but this is all I've got on this particular weapon. If this were mine I would put a slightly different profile trigger in it made of a lighter material, but that's just a personal preference.