Thread: Not new, but...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 09:52 PM
COTEP Member

Hey Jim!

Good to be back!

So far the laws haven't affected me down in the southern/rural part of Virginia.

I'm worried about them passing a magazine law that would basically make all semi auto pistols illegal. The way the law is phrased, any firearm which can accept a magazine containing more than 10 rounds... essentially means any weapon with a magazine. It failed last time. If it passes, it might make 1911's illegal. The only things I'll have that are legal then will be my Remington 870 and my Remington 700. Sad.

Then there's the assault weapon ban that failed last time, but who knows next time.

Then there's the 30 day wait between purchases, but that doesn't apply to CCW holders.

Wife just retired from USN with 30 years of service and if they really pass those laws, we're thinking about moving to Idaho. At least there's no rioting there, and folks pretty much leave you alone.

What are you wanting to shoot with your SiL? I don't see why you'd have a problem with Virginia at this point. I'd stay out of northern VA though

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
Welcome back!
How are those new Virginia gun laws affecting you?
I'm afraid to take a gun into Virginia now. I'll have to find a range in North Carolina where I can meet my son-in-law to shoot with him.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ