Thread: Hey Lane!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Quick Update

Thanks for all of the kind words of support and prayers in my behalf. I have PMs, text messages, notes here and a phone call from the Padre. You really know who your friends are by who's there when you're down a bit.

The epidural was today. All I can say is - OH MY HELL!!! - pardon the french. I have now reset the bar on pain intensity. This is the first time I've had the injection on the left side, and apparently, there wasn't much room between the nerve root and the bone, but the Doc was undeterred. He worked it in there and pumped several gallons (what it felt like) of cortisone in there.

By the time he finished (seemed like HOURS), I was soaked in sweat, had tears streaming down my face, and dang near bit a hole in the pillow I was laying on.

This evening, and the Novocain has worn off, and it really hurts. Really. I've decided the purpose is more of a threat: "Keep complaining about your little pains and we'll do THIS again."

I'll be fine - thanks again to my COTEP family for the love and concern. I have too many things to be thankful for to complain about the little bumps in the road.

Lane

Dungeon Master - LASCO Leather, Home of the COTEP Deacon
COTEP #268

Last edited by NAMVET72; 11-16-2012 at 06:30 PM.