Thread: Hey All
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 08:02 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMVET72 View Post
bench shooting and hunting,

Ok. Free float barrel for sure then. I prefer M-Lok rails but, you can get good deals on the Keymod rails right now. 16” barrel.......15” rail. It’ll look the best (yes, Style points matter) with a rail that’s almost as long as the barrel. Buy a flash hider, you don’t need an annoying Comp for .223..... your neighbors will thank you. Also, the basic A2 flash hider works just fine and it’s cheap. Get Anderson Manufacturing upper and lower, they are the cheapest high quality upper/lower combo out there. If you want to spend a little more Then, Spikes Tactical. Get a drop in trigger by Geisel or Timney to get your 3”# pull you want. Single or double stage, it’s up to you and what you like. I like two stage for target shooting. Standard lower parts kit will work just fine. You can get fancy and buy the parts separately and get some pretty neat stuff (they do the exact same thing as the standard parts tho). Standard milspec buffer tube, buffer, and spring. A collapsible stock of your choice, Magpul is excellent imho. If you are doing more bench than hunting, I recommend a fixed stock. You can get a Carbine length or rifle length fixed stock to match your LOP (length of pull). I do recommend good glass as big as you can afford. Not being a smartass but, your eyes will need all the help they can get. Also, cheap glass at high magnification is crap. Don’t worry about putting buis on this rifle since it’s not a SD unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk