View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 11:05 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
That’s great news on the AR! I guess I should of mentioned that they like to run wet. Remind me of the bolt lock issue? You shouldn’t have to shave anything to make it catch…?….

Here are the pics I've taken:

The first is of the Bolt Catch when not extended (i.e. charging handle not pulled back.

You can see that it doesn't fully cover the impression hole in the lower. I think that's what Mike was referring to when he said it's not properly oriented over the lower hole. Either that, or the spring is really weak.

Here's another view:

And another from the opposite side (sorry a bit out of focus):

If I open the lower and look at the inside, I see this:

And when I try to pull back the catch, I get this:

And, finally, from the other side:

Quote:
I’m glad the bag worked out for you. I ditched the bipod a year ago and never looked back. I find that the bag is more consistent for me to get back on target also for follow up shots.

I still have my bipod I may get the device that lets me tighten it more, because it needs to be, but I'll keep the bag on the rear.

Quote:
I like to use the StelokPro app on my phone to get my scope adjustments at different distances. So far it’s been spot on. If it tells me I need 0.5 mils [emoji3595] at 200 yds from my zero, it centers that shot in the 200 yds target every time (as long as I do my part). You can get the free version but the Pro gives you more flexibility and it’s a one time purchase (cheap too).

I'll look into it. Does it have a Kestrel hook up?

Quote:
If you are zero’d at 100 and then shoot at 200 and you are hitting far left (without wind of course) then, something is off. You might have to true your scope reticle your your bore.

It's zeroed at 100, but not yet "true." We'll be working on that during the Long Range 201 course. I'll take that after a bit of practice at 100 yds. I need to make my groups a lot tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]