View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 11:12 AM
COTEP Member

One other Update: I just did another test with an empty PMAG-30. This, having had comments about it being the "follower" of an empty mag that causes the Bolt catch to engage. I put in an empty mag and pulled the charging handle. Lo and behold, it locked into place! But the slightest little jolt of the rifle would cause it to unlock and the handle/BCG to go back into battery. I can pull the charging handle back and it will lock into place, as long as I don't jolt the rifle. I can even drop the mag and will stay locked back. But not for long, as the slightest little bump will cause it to close. I guess the reason why it wouldn't lock back after firing the last round in the mag is that ejection jolt. When it is locked back, I can push the bolt catch release and it will close, normally.

So, that helps, a little in terms of diagnosis and repair. Either the spring is not enough to keep the bolt catch extended out when the handle is back, or something is off that it can't get a full catch... only a partial one.

Thoughts? Thanks!