Thread: New pistol
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBP View Post
Really looking forward to your range report. What else do you have on your stable to compare it to?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Well, that list is kind of ridiculous. I shot a Mimber for about 2 years, and I replaced nearly everything on that gun except the slide. The Franken-mimber was sold for an STI Edge. That was a pretty good shooter, except I could never get a repeatable, comfortable grip on the wide frame. I sold that and bought a Caspian frame and slide.

Currently, I have a Heirloom Precision (well, sort of, it is a Yost-Bonitz house build that Jason Burton did it for me) Caspian build, a Springfield TRP Operator that I had Dave Williams redo to insane levels in the custom shop, a Sig Tac-Ops carry with a threaded barrel that I have tweaked lightly, and the V-Bob. I will also have a Nighthawk Talon added to that list next week.

Most of it is high end, but it will be fun to compare it to the Sig. It is really the best you can get in that ~$1000 price range, IMHO. Initially, the V-bob is heaps better made than the stock Sig and better fit than it. Time will tell if it is a better shooter. The Tac-Ops is really accurate for a non match barrel. More of a review later!