View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:19 PM
COTEP Member

Thought I would add pictures of mine.

I picked the bench up from Harbor Freight. It measures 5' wide by 20" deep and has a wood jaw vice and a storage shelf under that is 4' wide and 18" deep. A nice setup for $139.99. The bench came with four good sized drawers. The two on the left hold realoading stuff, the two on the right hold cleaning and gunsmithing tools.

I wanted the bench set up so I could either reload or work on guns. Since presses need to be mounted securely, I made the reloading press mount removable. Platform is made of two pieces of 3/4" plywood glued together. Before gluing the top piece on, I glued and screwed pieces of wood in a 'L' shape so it self centers on the vice jaw.

Sanded the platform and applied a walnut stain, followed by a few coats of polyurethane to seal it.

Added cork tiles to the wall behind the bench. Handy for hanging stuff like VMD charts. It also keeps cleaning chemicals and oil from splashing on the wall, which keeps CINCHouse happy.

Added a 4' x 8' rubber backed carpet mat under the bench for the same reason - at least until I get around to tiling the room.

The two lights on the bench were picked up at WalMart or Target for less than $20 each. The Floor lamp has a LED bulb. Plenty of light that I can move or adjust as needed.

General shot, Lee classic turret press, powder measure and a digital scale. Powder measure stand is lag screwed to the reloading platform, as is the Lee press mount.

Closer shot -

Ready to break the platform down so I can work on a rifle. Scale Removed.

Press Removed. Lee Press mount visible. Clearly shows where the vice grips the wood pieces mounted to the platform to secure it.

Press is stored on the shelf, you can see the press handle in the lower left of the photo.

Press Platform removed. You can see the wood bolted to the bottom that fits in the vise. To mount it, all I do is line it up with the bench and tighten vise.

Powder measure removed from stand.

Underside of the platform. Gaps in the wood clear the wormscrew and guide rods on the vice. As you can see, I went a little crazy with the glue.

Reloading platform stowed next to the bench.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.