View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 05:39 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE2 View Post
Thanks. I plan to bolt it down that's why it's going in the garage. I always put a glow rod in my gun storage, even in OK.

I found one recommendation for "stall mats".

Should I bolt it to the wall in the house or to the floor in the garage? Humm
When you do bolt it, I would bolt it any way possible. I build closets around my safes, actual walls...zero gaps for prying, only entry is the safe door and I reinforce those, too. Neurotic, but I leave home with peace of mind. My neighbor up in SC came home, his safe was dragged across his brand new Oak flooring, gouging/ruining it, all his guns,his father's guns, gone. Remember, if you can tip a safe over, a crook owns it. Words to live by.
I agree with raising the safe in the garage, and add a freestanding dehumidifier, preferably one you can connect a pipe or hose to and drain it outside instead of being bothered dumping the bucket.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!