View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here is it's brother in .45This one started as a Caspian Ti Officer frame and Colt Enhanced model Commander slide. Installed a Bar-Sto Bull barrel, hard fit then flush cut and given a polished 11 degree crown. EGW supported reverse plug with fluted FLGR, dished and cats tongue stippling on the end. High cut and Hand checkered the front strap at 30 LPI, bordered ...never, ever again in Titanium Also removed the series 80 roll marks. Gave the slide a carry bevel.

Other bits, rounded butt and stippled/serrated MSH, Wilson BP blued grip safety, my own custom Barstock rear sight cut from a block of 4140 as well as my own Gold bead front. Rear serrated at 50 lip to match. Ball mill cuts in my typical pattern (I really love the gold cup style rib!) EGW thumb safety given a custom profile. flattened and serrated front of trigger guard at 40 LPI.

Internally EGW Disco and Sear, with a CW TR cut, lightened and shortened EGW Solid trigger and a Wilson Stainless ultralight hammer tuned to a crisp 3.3~ pound break. Frame rails are tungsten Carbide coated by me (Hooray Travers Tools!)

Slide flats are polished to 2000 grit mirror and the slide is coated with IonBond Diamond Black, shows the metal prep very well. I was aiming for a true blended fit on the front and rear sight to the slide, incorporating the slide top rib. My next will be even better (building it as we speak).

Stocks are my own from 2x2 twill CF stock, "medium width" required custom tuning of the bushings which are individually numbered.

Now for pics, enjoy: