View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thumbs up Love the TCM, hate the double stack...

... so what ya gonna do? Read everything available, speak to knowledgable (trusted) gunners make a decision and jump in with both feet.

Let me say up front, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR GEAR unless you you are sure you want to void your warranty, risk ruining your stuff and looking at a pile of scrap.

On the other hand you may end up with the shooter you want.

I bought a TCM new in the box, put the 9mm barrel in it and tried as best I could to like it. Finally got a couple hundred rounds of TCM, tried it and still hated it so it went in the safe till my son asked if I by chance had a 9mm I would part with.

Cut to the meat... I changed out the slide for a plain RIA 9mm, put in a new 9mm barrel and traded him for a couple Franklins. I kept the TCM slide, barrel and the original 9mm barrel hoping to build a TCM 1911 and have a spare 9mm barrel for my 38 super. After failing to get the TCM to feed properly with a STI receiver purchased specifically for this, I was ready to throw in the towel when it occured to me that since I had nothing to lose, grind a bit off the feed ramp, tune the magazine a bit and put the stuff on the super frame. BINGO!!

I now have the sweetest TCM in the world and it's all (well the big parts anyway) RIA. The super slide and barrel now rest on the STI frame (after a lot of fitting) and run almost as smooth as an ED Brown fresh from the custom shop.

The drawback, I'm completely out of TCM ammunition so I'll be reloading late tonight. I cannot wait to get to the range to see the FLASH and hear the BOOM from my single stack TCM.

/Slim

Last edited by Old Draftsman; 12-06-2012 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Draftsman For This Useful Post:
NAMVET72 (12-06-2012)