Thread: What is COTEP
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Where do I begin? I stumbled upon the "big forum" when researching what to buy when I was shopping for a 1911 and met some people in a sub-forum. I inquired about the "Cotep" in one of the members signature lines. He gave a brief overview of Cotep and said that if I was interested, he'd vouch for me. Even though I didn't own a DW, I'd showed alot of enthusiasm for the love of the 1911 and that was good enough for him to sponsor me. That man was John, "VietVet USMC 1968". And the rest is history.

I've come to learn alot from this group of friendly, gun loving enthusiasts. The group is more than just about guns, shooting, re-loading, etc. We have shared intimate details with one another about our personal lives. Have been there to listen and comfort each other when needed. More of a online family if you will. Some members have even had the pleasure of meeting up face to face. I hope to do just that someday!

And then there's our lighter side of things, the joking. There are a few of us that are the jokesters, and sometimes we become the brunt of the jokes. Like I said earlier, I yet to own a DW, so I get my fair share of the razzing, especially since I own a "K" 1911. But anyone who's been here awhile, knows this is all in good fun and if you can't take the heat, well....stay out of the kitchen.

Like said earlier, a special thanks to , who is like "Sgt. Hulka - our big toe", keeping us in line and a debt of gratitude to Alex for keeping this site running.

Last edited by skosh69; 09-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.