View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Thanks. Yes, it was at 20 mile bend PBSO range.

An adjustable butt pad would be great. Is that something that can be added to a plastic (for lack of a better word ) stock?

As far as scopes goes, I'm looking at either the SWFA SS 10X or the Vortex Viper HS-T. Bttbbob recommended the Mueller APT 4.5-14x40 scope as a "beginners to long range " scope. It seems of great quality to $$ and can't wait to try it out. This scope came with the wrong elevation turret cap on it but, Mueller is sending me the correct one. Once I can save up for a higher quality glass, I'll upgrade. This should suffice for now. Don't get me wrong, the Redfield is nice and I'll use it one one of my ARs.

So, I will let you know on the stock.......I have the same problem with the stock on my shotgun that I use for 3-gun. If it works, I will suggest that you do the same...If not, I will be getting a new butt stock for my shotgun. The problem is getting the pistons installed and have them stay in place, especially if the stock is hollow.

As far as the scope goes, I am a big fan of the Vortex (look at optical planet for the best prices)

I will get back to you in a week or so on the Butt..........