View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 03:14 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
Checking in, how are things moving along now?

Slightly delayed, as I am currently involved in the acquisition of one of the inventory items I had lost when I had to sell it. And it's a pretty big deal for me. I was able to re-acquire a Sig Sauer P226... the first gun I ever owned. I got the exact same model I had purchased originally and, from what I understand, NIB. And for a pretty sweet price... less than what I paid for the original one!

This was my first purchase via GunBroker Auction, and I won the auction. It cost me $10.00 over the starting bid as some %$(@#*$% tried to out bid me by $5.00 with 2 hours left in the auction. Either they were trying to be an "Alpha Hotel..." or he was counting on me not noticing he had outbid me. He was wrong. I re-up'ed him and kept watching the auction live until it ended. I was expecting him to "15min rule" me but he did not, and the auction ended on time.

But wait... there's more. The seller wanted Paypal for payment. But what I did not realize is that Paypal had flagged the transaction as a "security risk..." Either they knew it was a "Firearms transaction" (based on the prev. history patterns of the seller), or they imposed a $500.00 daily limit on paying money, per payee. So I had to wait 24hrs to pay the balance, but it got paid, and I now have tracking info. now. I expect it to arrive at my FFL from GA on 12/09.

Next acquisition: A Mossberg 940 JM Pro. I'm trying to take care of what I absolutely need to before Biden starts clamping down. After that, I'll put in a big order for more AR15 parts as they may also become "restricted." I'll buy three sets of parts to cover the three lowers I have waiting (2 of which are 80% lowers, one of those, polymer).

I'll try to work on the current build this coming Sat. I have to align the gas block and tube, connect it onto the barrel, and then mount the HG. Then I can put it together and finish it off.

Thanks much.