View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:43 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
So what has changed from that .5 MOA group? Looks like stock, scope and ammo. Maybe too many changes to know what opened your groups like that. Looks like it is capable of great shooting but with so many changes maybe it would help to go back to the old set up and change one component at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Just noticed those were at 200 yards instead of 100 like the .5 MOA. Double the distance could have something to do with it!

What is That rear rest? Is that a gun sock filled with something? I just did some shooting with a front rest for the first time and was happily improved.
Yes it was at 200yds but, the bigger spread was all me. Like I mentioned I a bit under the weather plus the heat, had me rushing shots. The original stock is great but, the lack of a cheek riser and no detachable mag was my reason to try out the magpul hunter stock. Also, I wanted more magnification so, I bought a Vortex HS-T 5-24. The rear "sand" bag is exactly what you said. A gun sick filled with air gun bb's , it works great and is very lightweight. Also, I'm trying different loads and that will open up the group.